Happy Monday, Anacortes Food Coop members!
August has been a slow month for us, so we are hoping we see lots of familiar faces this week in the store to help round out the month. If you have some grocery needs this week, please come in! We’d love to head into September on a high note.
A big thank you to those who stopped by and picked up recycling! We will continue to stack it in the alley as weather permits, so please feel free to grab some at your convenience.
The heat is BACK folks! Summer’s not over yet, which means there are still lots of wonderful local veggies and fruit coming into the Coop.
This week we have:
A gorgeous array of new fruits and veggies from Erie Gardens including apples, plums, tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, jalepenos and tiny sweet peppers. The peppers and apples are just hints of what’s to come later in the season!
- Figs (so fresh and sweet) and apples from Gaia Rising Farm
- Veggies from Moondance Farm including new sweet peppers, kohlrabi, salad greens, sunflowers sprouts, zucchini, and eggplant
- Tons of tasty carrots are back in stock, from a variety of places: Ralph’s Greenhouse, Moondance Farm, Charlie’s of Seattle
- Big and tasty turnips for salads and sandwiches have come in from Frog Song Farms
- Red globe peaches from Smallwood Farm (hurry in, peaches are almost done- and our donut peaches are the last for the season!)
- Broccoli and green beans from Hopewell Farm, Beefsteak tomatoes from Cloud Mountain Farm, collard greens and rainbow chard from Osprey Hill Farm, and chives from Harmony Fields Farm.
Let us know if you are craving a seasonal fruit or veggie we are missing- we are happy to look into sourcing what you need. And as always, we welcome special orders, just ask a clerk for details!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. See you soon!