The Anacortes Food Coop is not only owned by the community, giving back in the form of healthy food at competitive prices and dividends to its members, they also support the community in other ways.
- Providing economic stimulus to Anacortes by paying dozens of local food artisans, farmers, and employees;
- Subsidizing local food stamp recipient grocery purchases by discounting their bills 50%, sponsored by our round-up program and local giving;
- Supporting an in-store Little Free Pantry for both refrigerated and shelf-stable foods and toiletries open to the public;
- Giving expired and reclaimed food to local charities;
- Providing gift memberships to food stamp recipients, Provider 1 health care recipients, and those living under 200% of the poverty line; and
- Giving a percentage of 5% sales to local charities the last Sunday of every month.
Giving to Charity – Serenity Sundays
To apply to be a part of our program, please send a brief email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recipients must supply their 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS and be located in Skagit, Island, or San Juan counties. The charity should be one that local area members will find meaningful.
Months that the Anacortes Food Coop Board has not selected a charity to contribute to, all funds raised on that day will go to the food stamp matching program at the Anacortes Food Coop. For information on upcoming Charity fundraiser days, visit the Anacortes Food Coop Calendar.
For more information, see our page on Serenity Sundays!